
Sorry for the leave of absence!~ I've been busy with school, but I have a few new entries for you all tonight:)
First off...Art shows.
As most college students know, if you get dragged to an art exhibit, it might not always be good, or any speech. Fisher professors LOVEEEEEE to take their students to other professor's speeches or artist's show openings. Now, I love art, so this isn't a problem and I was actually excited. The art was great and the artist was truly talented. I was very inspired, mostly by her outfit and fashion, but also her technique and her art. I loved the vibrant colors of the textiles and the weaving she spoke about from the people of Guatemala. She was extremely passionate about what she spoke about and that always, always helps.

The top photo is a picture from the exhibit and her opening speech, and I took this picture. I'm sorry it's so blurry and dark! I took it from my cell phone, not expecting to take pictures in class. The other pictures are from Lavery Library's Website on St. John Fisher College.
That is the artist, Marilyn Anderson. The photo is from the front of the website, like I said. If you live in Rochester, NY come by Lavery Library at Fisher and see it! She was really inspiring, like I said, from her dress to her art. Here's some more information on the exhibit.
Relief Prints, Drawings and Photos
By Marilyn Anderson
The Lower Level Gallery
at Lavery Library
February 5 - March 12
Now for my interpretation. I was really inspired by the Guatemalan weaving and textiles, so I thought I would share a few with you and different ways to incorporate culture into your home. I like to use tapestries and bright colors myself, but I want to figure out a way to include this in my own home someday, especially in my kitchen. These are photos I just grabbed off of Google.com by doing a search of 'guatemala textiles'.
As you can see I'm very inspired by the textiles. The next pictures are from Dominomag.com, just different rooms I am inspired by and they all show different ways you can incorporate textiles, fabrics, color, vibrancy, exotic and ethnic patterns into your home, from the very simple to the very themed.







No comments:
Post a Comment