Friday, February 20, 2009

Pedestal Tables.


At my Pottery Barn class last month I fell in love with this pedestal table. Every time I go into the store it is always placed next to baskets or in a certain spot that isn't photogenic, plus my camera phone is only 3 mega pixels, so the picture isn't that great. What can I say? When I graduate, maybe I'll buy myself a real camera. Anyways, I'm sure everyone has gone through what I like to call the great nightstand debacle, and my parents are going through the Dining Room table debacle as we speak, but that's another story, for another time.
Personally, I went from a really ugly standard oak nightstand that was heavy and didn't match the rest of the room to a darker wood folding TV tray, and oddly that looks more classy. I put a vase of the flowers I received for Valentine's Day and a stack of my favorite chick lit books and my lamp with the glass ball base. (SO pretty!) Now I just have to figure out what I am going to do about my 13 year old eyesore alarm clock.
However, this post is about those lovely Pedestal tables, and the beauty of them is that they can be used for either a nightstand or for a dining room table or whatever your little heart desires. I've seen them used as end tables in living rooms, in the center of grand entrances or even in hallways to sort mail..
Here is the picture from my class, and some other options for pedestal tables.


Pottery Barn:



CB2


Ballard Designs



Urban Outfitters



William Sonoma Home


Domino Magazine











Hope you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment