
There is this amazing feeling of hope and starting anew in the air as President Obama starts his first full day in office, and I was completely moved by the Inauguration yesterday, even getting some tears in my eyes. Today I checked on Popsugar.com, a site I really enjoy and saw the video from the Ball last night of Beyonce singing to the couple as they had their first dance. That too moved me to tears, you can just see the amazing love between the two of them. I also think just that the Obama's as a family are so young, their children are young is great for our country, maybe symbolically, but they bring about that feeling of starting over and a new era of change. I really like what they represent and I'm excited for what's to come. They bring a feeling of hope. I also sat and read Coco & Kelly's blog and she wrote about the same idea of starting over, but I got the idea not only from the Obama's themselves and what they represent, but for two other reasons.
1. Michelle Obama's Jason Wu dress at the Ball, which inspired me. I was inspired by the choice of white as a color, which is symbolic for fresh and starting over, plus I love the texture of the dress and how different it was. It represents winter, but also spring and the idea of change.
2. My class today, earlier this morning, is an American Studies class in which we talked about these ideas of starting over and how America continues to reinvent itself. I thought about this and the ideas of trends. American style, whether it's fashion, architecture or Interior Design, is constantly rotating, recycling, reinventing itself, bringing back old trends and revamping them.
So from Michelle Obama's dress, (now I can proudly say, MY first lady!) here's how I would adapt her dress into a few rooms with style!




Photo Credit: Domino

9-Arm Grande Claire Chandelier, Ballard Designs
30 1/2"H x 29"Diam
LC212 $499.00

Lara Mirror, Ballard Designs
25" x 32 1/2"
WM658 $229.00

Amy Butler's Snow Mum Pillow

Paige Velvet Lumbar Pillow Cover, Pottery Barn
$39.00 SALE $19.99

Kylie Pillow Covers, Set of 3, Pottery Barn
$69.00

Product ID# 1345, Elegant Sofa, Shabbychic.com
Original Price: $3,920.00
$3,920.00 (S&H: $290.00)

Shabby Chic Official Store, SBCH-1400 Lily Juliana Chandelier, shabbychic.com
Lily Juliana Chandelier
Product ID# 1400
Original Price: $4,350.00
$4,350.00 On Sale (S&H: $175.00)

Marseille Floral Pillows
Shabbychic.com
Classic white cotton pillows with floral matelassé. Available in Large, Small and Body Pillow.
Product ID# 1179
Original Price: $140.00
$140.00

Sheepskin Rug, Shabbychic.com
Soft and luxurious, authentic sheepskin rug from New Zealand.
Available in two sizes.
* Small Rug measures: 3'W x 3.3'L
* Large Rug measures: 4'W x 6'L
Product ID# 1208
Original Price: $450.00
$450.00

Porcelain Damask Votive Holder $5.99 on sale, shabbychic.com
A subtle beauty made of glazed bisque porcelain features a classic damask relief and casts a small warm glow.
* Available in white
* Measures: 2.6”Diameter x 4.13”H
* Imported
No comments:
Post a Comment