Sunday, December 7, 2008

New Beginnings

Hey:)
A lot of times when the weather gets gross outside, like it is right now, all snowy & windy, it makes me wish I was in other places (I also have a 12 page paper to procrastinate). But, the other night I had the most incredible dream, I was in this huge, airy apartment with lots of light and I had my dream wrought iron bed with a grass green comforter with flowers on it and an orange accent wall. I had this white hutch desk that had a brand new mac in it and I was doing room designs and decorating my new apartment. I went to an art class and made these incredible drawings and i was literally in one of those dreams where you never want to wake up.
As much as I am excited to graduate Fisher in May, and so sad to leave my friends (janny, beth, laura, monica & nicole), sometimes I get the urge to just leave and start something new. I know going to MCC in the fall for Interior Design is the next step for me and I'm so excited to finally study something i'm INTERESTED in, and really be studying art, doing hands on learning and just absorb everything. I'm excited to finally keep my books because I want to, buy them and want to read them before classes even start and just take everything in and learn. I love interior design, spending hours and hours just getting inspiration on blogs online, like apartment therapy and casasugar and all the independent blogs on blogspot. I live for reading domino every month and all of my pottery barn and decorating books, I've spent well over $300 in the last year on them, I can't get enough. I just am in love with design. It's so great to finally know what I want to do and be passionate about it and be good at it at the same time? I didnt know I could be so lucky. People have always told me I had an eye for design and my mom called me 'little martha' (as in stewart) from when i was a little kid. I spent hours on saturday nights as an eleven year old watch HGTV and watching shows like Decorating Cents and Room by Room. What eleven year old do you know does that?
I'm not eleven anymore, and yeah I probably could have just went to MCC in the first place, but coming out of high school I didnt want to go to MCC. Not that I was 'above' MCC, but I had worked hard to get great grades and I truly wanted to go to Fisher. I had wanted to go to Fisher for communications & journalism and be a journalist, because I knew I was bad at math and a lot of the programs were geared towards architecture and design and I was interested in that and I was worried I would be really bad and I knew being a journalist was a practical option and I could get paid to do something that I loved as well. I had loved being a co-editor of the paper in high school and I still really love writing and journalism but my true passion is interior design.
As for my major at Fisher, I hope someday to use it, but if I just use it for a bachelors' degree and the experiences and friends that I have gotten, like London and some of my best friends in my life so far, then fine. I've learned a lot in the classes, and a lot about life. I've truly had the chance to grow up there, especially when I take into account the person I was freshman year, moving in that apartment on Elm st with jess to where I am now, I've grown so much and I'm so thankful for all my experiences. I am however, ready for new ones. I can't wait to enjoy being in my 20s and get started on my career (!) and start my interior design business after MCC or go to graduate school for design (I'll see where life takes me then) but for now, I'm just gonna take things day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment